I love the fresh face look on women. Make-up is meant to enhance one’s natural beauty, not mask or alter. Be the best natural version of YOU! My two rules, #1 Glowing skin looks beautiful on everyone, and makes you look youthful. #2 Less is more.
Photos: Juan Grisales
In the coming months, I will be posting a series of make-up tutorials showing how I create beautiful looks for my multi-ethnic friends which enhance their natural beauty. My hope is to provide insight and knowledge to women of various ages, ethnicities and cultures.
I’ll be posting two natural make-up looks, these are the steps to the first:
- Mix Two pumps of Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator with your facial sunscreen. Apply with a wet foundation brush or Beauty Blender sponge. For extra glow and the dewy look, use your fingertips and lightly tap a bit of the illuminator on the bridge of your nose and temples.
- Apply Nars Orgasm blush on the apples of your cheeks. This blush color looks universally great on every skine tone.
- Fill in your eyebrows with Anastasia Brow Wiz. I use medium brown. This brow pencil is by far the easiest to apply for beginners. Go to Sephora if you need a little help finding the best color match. Set with Damone Roberts Brow Gel.
- Brush 2-3 coats of Benefit They’re Real Mascara on upper and lower eyelashes. Curl upper lashes for 30 seconds each when lashes are fully dry.
- Eyeshadow time. Urban Decay Naked2 Palette is all you need. Apply Tease to the base of your eyelids. Blend Foxy to the crease and brow bone. Blend, blend, blend. Lightly line the upper and lower lash line with YDK.
- Line your upper lash with Stila Stay All Day liquid eyeliner.
- Finish with Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle.